Engaging with the media is not a choice, it’s a necessity. Brands who do it successfully have an instant competitive advantage over those who don’t. Good media training can help you make the most out of every media interaction you have. My media training course (half or full day) will:
- Improve your understanding of the media and how they work.
- Give you insider tips on how to make them work for you.
- Look at your core messages, how they’re formed and how to tailor them for media consumption.
- Give a step-by-step plan on how to approach and do an interview so that you get the most value out of it for your brand – and feel confident doing it.
- Teach you techniques to keep control of an interview and get your message across.
- Provide realistic interview practice (recorded radio and TV interviews) using topical scenarios formulated specifically for your organisation.
- Give you extensive feedback to make your performance as effective as possible.
Clients include Woolworths, Old Mutual, Sanlam, Mweb, Burger King, Arabella Sheraton, Virgin Active, UCT and V&A Waterfront. Here’s a full client list.
Call me on 083 450 7060 or email me at email@example.com for a quote.
“Jayne has been our preferred media trainer for over four years. Her no-nonsense approach instils confidence in the most senior of top execs and her years of experience, both locally and internationally, shine through. She not only gives our clients great interview practice, she gives them insight into how the media works and how to give journalists what they need while still getting key messages across. As a result, they deal with interviews much more confidently and effectively.”
Nicola Nel, CEO, Atmosphere Communications
“Jayne is an exceptional spokesperson trainer. She possesses high-quality training abilities and good communication skills. These have added great value in shaping extremely effective spokespersons within Woolworths. I enthusiastically recommend Jayne.”
Babongile Dlamini, Woolworths Media Relations Manager
Social media workshops
There are two big challenges when it comes to handling social media successfully.
Firstly, you need to learn how to communicate in a way that engages people and makes them notice you, respond to you and share your content. Secondly, you have to know what to do when the worst happens and one tiny Facebook comment suddenly (and we mean suddenly) becomes a full-blown crisis.
Making extensive use of up-to-the-minutes case studies and practical exercises, this day-long workshop deals with both of these challenges and helps you make the best of the incredibly powerful social media tools that are just waiting for you to take advantage of them.
At the end of the course you’ll:
- Understand the dos and don’ts of using social media as a communications tool for your brand.
- Know what content works and what doesn’t.
- Be up to date on the latest trends and how top international brands are using social media.
- Be able to talk to your team effectively about social media use.
- Spot the stories destined to go viral.
- Know what to do if a social media storms breaks.
- Have the beginnings of a social media crisis plan.
- Get the chance to practise what you’ve learned using realistic case studies created especially for your brand.
News awareness workshops
What really makes a news story? Why does certain content go viral? What do journalists really want? Anyone who is trying to get their message across in the media needs to know the answers to all these questions. Often, agencies and clients get frustrated when no one seems to be taking any notice of anything they’re saying.
This half day workshop takes you through what the media wants and how best to give it to them so that you get the word out … for free.
Social media and news awareness clients: Woolworths, Capitec, Old Mutual, Atmosphere Communications.
Audio production training
All aspects of audio content production: story generation, programme formats, interviewing, recording, editing, live studio production. The emphasis is on innovation, creativity and quality.
Clients: Times Media, Rhodes University Department of Journalism and Media Studies, NEMISA, PRISA, MDDA, community radio stations.